Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Honey-Wheat Oatmeal Bread

This is my new favorite bread. I brought this to the reunion.

1 1/4 c hot water (I do the hottest tap water and then cook it in the microwave for 30 sec or so)
1/2 c honey
2 Tbls canola oil
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 1/2 c flour (preferably bread flour)
1 1/2 c wheat flour (you may need a little more flour if it isn't forming a ball. I leave mine real soft though so it isn't as dense in the end)
1 pkg yeast

Combine all ingredients in the order listed. Turn the mixture to low and let it knead for at least 30 min (I put a towel over the top of the mixer to cover the bowl so that it is nice and moist in there while it kneads). Place the dough into a greased bread pan and put into a 200* oven for about 30-40 minutes. When bread has raised 1-1 1/2 inches above the pan bake at 325* for 30-35 minutes till it is golden brown on top. Remove from pan and cool on a cooling rack or cutting board.

No comments:

Post a Comment