Friday, June 18, 2010

Chicken Salad Sandwiches

Devin is not a huge fan of chicken salad sandwiches. He would much rather eat steak and potatos. However, Kristin showed me this recipe and Devin actually really likes it. Yeah!
RECIPE:
3 T oil
1 T vinegar
1 T orange juice
1/2 tsp salt
2.5 cups cubed cooked (or canned) chicken
1.5 cups cold cooked rice
3/4 cup seedless grapes (I cut these into 4ths which made them much easier to eat)
3/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup diced celery (I used my chopper to get these nice and small)
1 can (11 oz) mandarin oranges (drained)
1 can (8 oz) pineapple chunks (drained)
1/2 cup slivered almonds (optional)

In medium bowl, combine oil, orange juice, vinegar, and salt. Blend well. Add chicken and stir to coat. In large bowl, combine rice, celery, grapes, oranges, pineapple, and mayonnaise. Add chicken mixture to rice mixture and stir. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Stir in almonds.

I used this recipe for the rolls. I halfed it and then made six giant rolls. I also put a lettuce leaf and some mayo on the roll. It was super yummy! Devin liked that I cut up the grapes and celery really small. You don't have to do this, but it was much easier to eat. We also didn't add the almonds because Devin is allergic to them. But I am sure it would be good with those too. And our rolls were still kind of warm. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment