Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Heaty Zucchini Soup

Mom found this recipe in the newspaper and tried it. She told me that it was so good so I tried it. Let me tell you it is sooooo good. You really could add any kind of vegetables that you want.

1 clove garlic minced
3 Tbs olive oil
3 medium potatoes diced into 1/2 " cubes
1 onion chopped
2 stalks celery chopped (I used a can of corn drained instead)
2 Tbs fresh parsley chopped (1 1/2" Tbs about of dried parsley)
1 tsp oregano
6 c. beef stalk (6 c. water + 6 beef bullion cubes)
1 large tomato (I used 2 1/2 and they were yummy)
3 c. thinly sliced zucchini (do not peel)
2 tsp salt
Parmesan cheese for garnish

Lightly brown your garlic in olive oil. Add potatoes and cook for 5 min. Add onion, celery/corn, parsley and oregano cook until onions are tender. Add everything else but Parmesan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until zucchini is cooked and tender about 20 min. I started my soup way to early on accident. I let it simmer for about 30 minutes and then turned the heat off until we were ready to eat. It was perfect. I started about an hour to soon, oops :) Garnish with the Parmesan cheese and enjoy! I thought that it could taste yummy and be even heartier if you added some noodles to it like macaroni. I probably would add these when you are bringing it to a boil and then simmering it. Let me know if you try it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment