Monday, July 12, 2010

Creamy Chicken with Bacon & Penne

We had this last night for dinner and it was really good. And it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. We ate it with a Ceasar salad and garlic bread. This was a great meal. Hope you guys enjoy it too!
INGREDIENTS:
4 slices bacon (we used turkey bacon)
4 small Boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
2 cups Penne pasta, uncooked (or any other kind of pasta you would like)
4 oz Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread
3/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup Cherry tomatoes, halved
2 Green onions, chopped

WRAP 1 bacon slice around each chicken breast. Heat large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cover. Cook 5 to 7 min. on each side or until chicken is done (165ºF). Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm. Discard drippings in skillet.

COOK pasta in large saucepan as directed on package. Meanwhile, cook cream cheese spread and broth in skillet until cream cheese is melted and sauce is thickened and well blended, stirring constantly with whisk. Stir in tomatoes and onions; cook 2 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.

DRAIN pasta; return to pan. Add sauce; mix lightly. Serve topped with chicken.

***I started off by boiling my water. Then I wrapped the bacon around my chicken and got that cooking. Once my chicken was done, I drained my pan and started with the cream cheese and broth mixture. By the time that was done my noodles were all boiled. So I drained my noodles, dumped the cream cheese mixture in and served with the chicken. Super easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment