Thursday, June 24, 2010

Salsa

I got this yummy recipe from a lady in my old ward. She is known for being a good cook. I tweeked it a little for what I had and such. I will give you the original and my version.

2 14.5 oz cans of diced tomatoes drained well (I haven't tried fresh but I bet they would be good)
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1/2 Tbls Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 bunch green onions chopped (for a milder taste I chop up chives)
2-3 garlic cloves
1/2 Tbls seasoned salt
1/2 tsp dried red chili flakes (I do less it can get a little spicy)
1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
small bunch of cilantro chopped
1 4 oz can of chopped green chilies

Combine all ingredients for a chunky texture or put into a food processor or blender to make it smooth. I do it this way. It turns out like restaurant style consistency. Stays fresh for about a week in the fridge.

1 comment:

  1. This was super easy to make and turned out fabulous! I am definitely going to make my own salsa from now on.

    ReplyDelete