Thursday, October 14, 2010

Parmesan Knots

Okay so I made these the other night and can't get over how good they are. They are also freezable. The original recipe calls for store bought refrigerated biscuits but I made some from scratch. The biscuits recipe is by far the best one that I have made. You could do so much with it. The recipe came from sisterscafe.blogspot.com. I found it though on goodlookinhomecookin.blogspot.com.

Biscuits

In a mixing bowl dump:
2 cups flour (spoon it in and level with a knife)
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Use a pastry cutter to add:
5 Tbls cold butter

Use a fork to fluff in the mixture:
3/4 c. buttermilk
3 Tbls. honey

Place the dough on a floured counter. Roll ( I just used my hands ) into a 1/2 inch thick 9x5 rectangle. Fold over to form a square. Roll again ( again I used my hands ) to a form the rectangle. Then fold in half one more time and pat out till it is about 3/4 inches thick. Cut out your biscuits.

Bake at 400* for 12 minutes. Enjoy!

Parmesan Knots

1/2 c canola oil
1/4 c Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
Dash pepper
3 tubes (12 oz) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (double batch of the above biscuits, I recommend this)

Cut each biscuit in half. Roll each portion in a 6 inch rope; tie in a loose knot. Place on a greased baking sheets.

Bake at 400* 8-15 minutes until golden. While they are baking mix all the ingredients from the canola to the pepper in a bowl. Immediately brush the biscuits with the mixture. Serve warm. Cool remaining knots; transfer to a freezer container. May be frozen for up to 2 months.

To use frozen knots: Reheat, unthawed, @ 359* for 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment